Our Carbon SMART products are Low Energy Solutions suitable for new and existing homes
This product has been superseded by the enhanced Zehnder ComfoAir CA185WM MVHR unit. For more information, click here. You can also access comprehensive information on the Zehnder range of industry leading MVHR units here.
Whole house ventilation
Vireo. A heat recovery range designed to enable better, easier specification of whole house ventilation in new housing.
Suitable for small and medium houses 3-4 bedrooms up to 130m². Can be fitted in airing or tall boy cupboard and also includes the latest in Greenwood SMART Technology like Greenwood HumidiSMART which isn't affected by distance and dilution effects....
Greenwood SMART Technology is designed into this product:
Models & Control Options
- Manufactured in the UK
- Part of the Greenwood GIP Range
- EST Best Practise - 92% heat efficiency and 0.60w/l/s
- Suitable for medium and larger sized houses up to 180m²
- Up to Kitchen + 3 additional wet rooms (ADF 2010)
- Up to Kitchen + 4 additional wet rooms (ADF 2006)
- Includes SMART Technology with the first ever commissioning wizard!
- Slimline compact design
Ideal for houses up to 4 bedrooms, Vireo HR185WM is a slimline heat recovery system which can be sited in tallboy or airing cupboards being only 550mm wide in size. With a 'white good' finish, the unit will also blend easily if installed within the living area.
- TRUE Summer By-pass: Unlike others, it provides 365 days of Fresh Filtered Air - it's not filter by-pass
Greenwood SummerSMART technology has been designed to reduce issues with overheating in the summer so that the unit bypasses the heat recovery function in warmer months.
It is a TRUE summer by-pass unlike many others becuase it maintains balanced ventilation in the home and doesn't just slow down or shut off supply air to the property. Its a very innovative and unique technology that helps to maintain comfort but most importantly indoor air quality throughout the year - especially important in homes where allergies and asthma sufferers live.
In addition, when the summer by-pass is activated it doesnt by-pass the filter, like many other units available on the market.
Choose Vireo for a truly innovative and intelligent Heat Recovery solution.
- Innovative Condensate Connection: 70%* quicker install time can easily be achieved - and say goodbye to risky product changes being made on-site.
As a result of working directly with installers, we have developed revolutionary technology DISO (Dual Inlet Single Outlet) which enables Vireo to be the only true universal product on the market.
DISO allows condensate to be collected on either side of the unit without issue.
The unit can simply be handed (Right or Left) at the touch of a button after installation through the set-up wizard. This removes the need to hand the unit on site which usually involves a lengthy disassemble of the product, adding more risk to the overall installation.
- Semi Rigid Ducting Option: MVHR System Approach: Bend it, Shape It, Anyway you want it.
ComfoTube Semi Rigid Ducting is a revolutionary development in ducting for residential ventilation installations. Perfect for whole house heat recovery, ComfoTube is supplied on long rolls and can minimise connections by up to 75%! Designed with a strong and crush resistant construction,
ComfoTube is a radial ducting system which dramatically reduces any issues with noise and air leakage as each room is provided with an individual run, ensuring specified ventilation rates can be met easily. No sealants or tapes are required with ComfoTube installations - Winner of Housebuilder Products Brand new Product of the Year 2013.
Watch ComfoTube in action in a 3Bed + MVHR
- Excellent SAP Reward: Energy Saving Trust (EST) Best Practise Performance
With specific fan powers as low as 0.60 w/l/s and heat exchanger efficiencies as high as 92%, Vireo is an excellent Heat Recovery choice for excellent reduction in Dwelling Emission Rates in SAP. Vireo HR185WM is perfect for houses of medium and larger size offering SMART and patented technology and outstanding airflow performance that ensures very low operational noise.
Wiring: Must comply with IEE Regulations
Fuse: 3 amp (when unit is supplied from a 6A lighting circuit, no local fuse is required)
Electrical specification: 230V~50Hz Class II
• Supplied with fixing bracket to allow screw fixing for increased support
• Install using rigid aluminium, PVC, galvanised or semi-rigid plastic ducting
• Install in wall or cupboard space
• Installation and user manuals supplied with each unit
These are the typical ancillaries required for the installation of the Vireo HR185WM in an apartment or a house - to view ancillaries in more detail, please click here
Zehnder ComfoFresh Flat 51